Objective and Mission
1. Using the maximum scientific and specialized capacities and capabilities available in the country and the Headquarter, plus outsourcing execution of the required research projects.
2. Strengthening the role of design and counseling institutions of the Headquarter concerning the execution of the research projects required in the fields of work in the Headquarter.
3. Updating, upgrading, promoting, and implementing systems of research and development of the Headquarter.
4. Emphasizing the centralized management and leadership of research and self-sufficiency in the Ghorb, plus non-centralized execution of the required research and development projects (policies of the powerful core and the efficient network).
5. Obtaining preemptive and forward-looking methods in estimating and determining the dimensions and instances of scientific and industrial problems of the executive projects of the Headquarter in the future.
6. Supporting the domestic manufacturers to produce and supply the specialized and technological commodities required for the executive projects of the Headquarter.
7. Providing assistance to upgrade the quality of the domestic products emphasizing the necessary standards to equip the specialized equipment required for the executive projects of the Construction Headquarter.
8. Developing the culture and promoting the knowledge-based management approach of the Headquarter in order to employ the technical and specialized knowledge acquired from the execution of the projects in the organization and promoting the organizational knowledge in the Headquarter.
9. Prioritizing the execution of the research and development projects required for the Headquarter in the pertinent and available industrial and manufacturing units in order to shorten the chain of commercialization of technologies.
10. Prioritizing the control and assessment of the modern and emerging technologies concerning the work and mission of the Headquarter and localizing them.
11. Concentrating and prioritizing creativity and idea processing, as well as technical and engineering innovations concerning the work and mission of the Headquarter.
12. Supporting the generation of authoritarian technologies and knowledge concerning subjects pertinent to the field of work and mission of the Headquarter.